The Ethiopian Medical Journal (EMJ) welcomes motivated researchers to participate as peer reviewers of manuscripts being considered for publication in EMJ. The peer review process is critical to ensure publication of high-quality papers, which is important to the success of our journal. The reviewers’ responsibilities include reviewing submitted manuscripts and making recommendations indicating whether they should be rejected, accepted with changes, or accepted without changes. Reviewers will also be asked to offer helpful comments and suggestions that will help the editors’ publication decisions. To that end, reviewers should be on alert for any issues connected to authors’ wrongdoing, such as plagiarism, and report these to the editors.
What are the benefits of being a peer reviewer for EMJ?
- Certificate of recognition
- Enriching professional development
- Enriching resumes for any promotion
- Credit hours will be provided as per EMA’s CPD guidelines
What are the eligibility criteria for being a peer reviewer?
- Possess a master’s degree and above in medical, health sciences, or public health
- At least one publication as first or corresponding author
- Experience in research and academics
- Strong motivation and interest in reviewing scientific papers
- Fluency in the English language (academic and professional)
How to apply:
Interested applicants can submit their motivational letter and updated curriculum vitae/resume through the journal’s email address, email@example.com
Note International applicants are highly encouraged