osition Title: Senior Research Officer
Work Unit: EMJ Research and Publication Department
Reports To: EMJ, Research and Publication Manager
Staff Reporting to the Job Holder: Two
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Position Grade: VI
Education and Qualification
• MPH/MSc/MD/BSc in any health related profession.
• Minimum 6/8 years of related experience with strong research and publication background and skills. In addition, extensive knowledge and experience in research, copy editing, publication and publication database are highly recommended.
• Publication of at least five research articles in reputable journals as primary author or corresponding author
• Experience as a journal manager, editorial board member, academic editor and other work experience on research and publication activities is desired.
• Experience in an international NGO environment is desired.
Additional Training :
• Research Training Certificate
• SPSS or STATA or Ep-Info or other statistical package software
• Project/ Program Management training Certificate is an added value
Competencies/ Personal attributes
• Demonstrate commitment to the vision, mission, core values, aims and principles of EMA.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
• Being self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented
• Being flexible and able to work well under pressure.
• Having strong desire and skills to work with other as a team.
• Having good communication skill( both orally and written)
• Having good facilitation and coordination skills
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Having dependable research and publication skill.
• Having strong editorial skills.
• Having strong statistical software utilization.
• Strong MS office and the ability to use new technologies.
• Consistency demonstrating accuracy and preciseness.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
Therefore, interested candidates who fulfill the above minimum requirement are invited to send your application quoting the vacancy position within 10 consecutive days from this vacancy announced with the following details:
- 1 page covering letter
- 3 pages updated CVs,
- 1 page summary of CV through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to Admin. & Finance department of Ethiopian Medical Association located
Address:- kirkos Sub-City, Roosevelt street, In front of Africa union main gate, Mexico to Sarbet road around Cigarette Factory.
Tel: +251 11 552 1776/ 11554 7982,