Written by Super User
Unemployment becomes one of the challenging issues for our young and energetic physicians. The Ethiopian medical association has warned the ministry and other sector minister offices years ago to evaluate its flooding strategy and to work on the retention and quality of education.
The association has made several discussions with the concerned bodies to maintain the right of its members in securing job and letting them exercise their novel profession. So far, there were no remarkable achievements in hiring graduating physicians with the response of “no budget” from ministry and regions regardless of low physicians to population ratio in the country according to WHO standard.
EMA is always looking for all possible alternatives to solve its member’s case. Accordingly EMA has made a thorough discussion with the Ethiopian Entrepreneurship Development Center (EDC) and other concerned institutions to solve the issue of joblessness of physicians and identified some alternative strategies. Among those strategies, providing training to our young physician on how to create their own business company and to improve their knowledge and competencies and employability skill is the one to be initiated as a short term strategy.
The following four are the major areas/components EDC focuses:
- Institutional Capacity of government and private sector strengthened for Entrepreneurship Development and improve the business environment for enterprise development;
- Entrepreneurship competencies and employability skills promoted through Training;
- Productivity and job creation of small and micro enterprises enhanced through continuous and inclusive Business Development Services; and
- Access to finance facilitated for entrepreneurs.
Therefore, EMA cordially invites all young physicians and all other physician who are interested to create own business as well as to improve their knowledge and competencies and employability skill related to their profession to register for the upcoming training on contextualized entrepreneurship training. We are humble to serve the interest of our members as far as our legal mandate allows us!
1st round: Feb 10-13, 2020
2nd round Feb 14-17, 2020
N.B: The training will be held in Addiss and those who qualify (first come first serve) will be communicate the venue of the training.
Please use the link below to register for the training:
EMA envisions seeing a healthy and prosperous Ethiopian community with access to quality health services.
EMA’s mission is to:
- Ensure that the community gets quality heath service and care;
- Promote the highest standards in medical education, science, art and practice and
- Ensure the rights and benefits of medical professionals (doctors) and act as their voice.
Roosevelt street, In-front of Africa Union main gate
Tel: 251 115 521776/251 115 547982
Fax: 251 115 151005
Copyright © Ethiopian Medical Association 2020 All rights Reserved.