About EMA IRERC
The Ethiopian Medical Association (EMA) has established an Institutional Research Ethics Review Committee (EMA-IRERC) to facilitate the research undertaking among the medical professionals.
The EMA-IRERC is a committee that reviews research involving human subjects to ensure that their rights and welfare are protected. The committee ensures this by reviewing the research proposal to make sure that it is ethical and that the risks to the subjects are minimized. It also monitors research once it is underway to make sure that the subjects are being treated fairly and that the research is being conducted in accordance with the approved proposal. In addition to protecting human subjects, the EMA-IRERC also works to ensure that research is of high quality and that it is conducted in a timely manner to guide timely decision making.
Submit your Proposal
- Read the IRB’s guidelines carefully. Each IRB has its own set of guidelines, so it is important to read and understand them before submitting your documents.
- Gather all of the required documents. The IRB will not be able to review your application without all of the required documents. Be sure to check the IRB’s website or contact them directly to find out what documents are required.
- Complete all of the required forms. The IRB will require you to complete a variety of forms, such as a consent form and a research protocol. Be sure to complete all of the forms carefully and accurately.
- Submit your documents electronically and hardcopy in person. Most IRBs now require researchers to submit their documents electronically. Be sure to follow the IRB’s instructions for submitting electronic documents.
- Proofread your documents carefully. Before submitting your documents, be sure to proofread them carefully for any errors in grammar or spelling. Any errors in your documents could delay the IRB’s review process.
Before Submitting please read the IRERC Guideline carefully
- EMA-IRERC establishedEthiopian Medical Association has established an Institutional Research Ethics Review Committee (EMA-IRERC) and is glad to announce that it has officially started working.